Today I am multitasking by creating more cards for my Daughter-In-Law Jamie & playing with the Freshly Made Sketches 261.
Here is the sketch for the challenge.
As you can see. I followed it exactly!
- Thick Whisper White C.S. card base, 5-1/2" x 8-1/2",
- 2016 -2018 In Color Designer Series Paper Stack -Dapper Denim mat 5-3/8" x 4-1/8",
- Dapper Denim strip 1" x 5-3/8" embossed with the Sparkle Textured Impressions Embossing Folder,
- Emerald Envy Mat 4-1/8" x 2-7/8",
- Whisper White c.s. 4" x 2-3/4", Stamp the dinosaur body & bones from No Bones About It with So Saffron & Emerald Envy Ink.
- Randomly stamp additional images from the stamp set in Dapper Denim, Emerald Envy, So Saffron & Peek-a-boo Peach. Remember to stamp off periodically. Mount on the Emerald Envy mat,
- Mount the piece from the previous step on a Dapper Denim mat 4-1/8" x 2-7/8", Pop up with Stamping' Dimensionals,
- Stamp the birthday sentiment inside and stamp "dinosaur tracks" with Dapper Denim Ink.
Thanks for stopping by my blog today! If you need any of the supplies used to create my card today, just click the picture of the item below to be taken to my On Line Store. Please remember that if you have any questions about my cards, I am only an email away and I truly look forward to chatting with my blog readers.
Stampin' Up! Supplies Used:
The excitement of learning that I was a winner last week with Global Design Project #59 is still giving me goosebumps! I did not know that my card was selected a winner until my sister called to congratulate me – thanks Barb & thank you to the Global Design Project Team for selecting my card!
Of course, when I saw that this week was Case The Designer & the designer is my friend Brian King I just had to create a card for this challenge.
Here is the card that we are CASE-ing of Brian's. CASE-ing with the Global Design Project means Copy and Selectively Edit – So you could be inspired by the layout, colours, stamp set, whatever you like! Here is the project –
- Soft Suede card base 4-1/4" x 11", scored at 5-1/2", mat – 2-7/8" x 4-1/8",
- 2016 – 2018 In Color Designer Series Paper Stack (Flirty Flamingo) 4" x 5-1/4",
- Whisper White mat 2 – 3/4" x 4", stamp the sentiment from Build A Birthday with Flirty Flamingo Ink near the top of the mat,
- Stamp the ice cream cone from Biggest Birthday Ever on a scrap of Whisper White c.s. with Soft Suede Ink, stamp the ice cream from the same stamp set with Flirty Flamingo Ink on a scrap of Whisper Whits c.s., stamp the cherry from the same stamp set on a scrap of Whisper White c.s. with Real Red Ink & fussy cut the 3 pieces,
- Arrange the ice cream cone so it lines up with the right side of the Soft Suede Mat, trim the bottom of the cone to match the c.s. Attach this piece to the card,
- Pop up both the ice cream & the cheery with Stampin' Dimensionals ,
- Add a trio of Flirty Flamingo Enamel Shapes to the bottom left of the card.
- Add a Whisper White c.s. mat to the inside. Decorate with a strip of 2016 – 2018 In Color Designer Series Paper Stack (Flirty Flamingo)
In an earlier post, I mentioned that I was making the Tin Of Cards for my Daughter-In-Law's upcoming birthday. In addition to the cards in the kit, I am adding some more. Birthday cards are always nice to have on hand – especially with 2 boys who seem to attend a lot of birthday parties! Stay tuned tomorrow for another kids birthday card.
Thanks for stopping by my blog today! If you need any of the supplies used on my card, just click the picture of the item below to be taken to my On Line Store.
Stampin' Up! Supplies Used:
In about a week, my Daughter-In-Law Jamie will have a special birthday. After racking my brain about an appropriate gift for Jamie, I finally decided that the Tin of Cards filled with not only the cards that come with the tin, but also a sprinkling of additional assorted cards would be a hit because Jamie loves handmade cards but has no time to create them.
After completing the cards that were included with the tin, I believe that the cards are much nicer than they appear in the photos from the 2016- 2017 Annual Catalog. The colors are richer and the embellishments add a nice touch to the assortment of cards.
Because of the vellum layer it is difficult to take a photograph that does this card justice. In person, this is a lovely card.
Thank you cards are a staple and I now that I would appreciate having some on hand. Hopefully Jamie will feel the same way.
Generic birthday cards work for male, female, children or adults. This is such a bright and festive card that I feel Jamie will use these up in a hurry. Guess I better create some more birthday cards to include in the tin!
Thanks for stopping by my blog today. If you need any of the supplies used to create my cards, just click on the item pictured below to be taken to my On Line Store.
STAMPIN' UP! SUPPLIES USED: