The excitement of learning that I was a winner last week with Global Design Project #59 is still giving me goosebumps! I did not know that my card was selected a winner until my sister called to congratulate me – thanks Barb & thank you to the Global Design Project Team for selecting my card!
Of course, when I saw that this week was Case The Designer & the designer is my friend Brian King I just had to create a card for this challenge.
Here is the card that we are CASE-ing of Brian's. CASE-ing with the Global Design Project means Copy and Selectively Edit – So you could be inspired by the layout, colours, stamp set, whatever you like! Here is the project –
- Soft Suede card base 4-1/4" x 11", scored at 5-1/2", mat – 2-7/8" x 4-1/8",
- 2016 – 2018 In Color Designer Series Paper Stack (Flirty Flamingo) 4" x 5-1/4",
- Whisper White mat 2 – 3/4" x 4", stamp the sentiment from Build A Birthday with Flirty Flamingo Ink near the top of the mat,
- Stamp the ice cream cone from Biggest Birthday Ever on a scrap of Whisper White c.s. with Soft Suede Ink, stamp the ice cream from the same stamp set with Flirty Flamingo Ink on a scrap of Whisper Whits c.s., stamp the cherry from the same stamp set on a scrap of Whisper White c.s. with Real Red Ink & fussy cut the 3 pieces,
- Arrange the ice cream cone so it lines up with the right side of the Soft Suede Mat, trim the bottom of the cone to match the c.s. Attach this piece to the card,
- Pop up both the ice cream & the cheery with Stampin' Dimensionals ,
- Add a trio of Flirty Flamingo Enamel Shapes to the bottom left of the card.
- Add a Whisper White c.s. mat to the inside. Decorate with a strip of 2016 – 2018 In Color Designer Series Paper Stack (Flirty Flamingo)
In an earlier post, I mentioned that I was making the Tin Of Cards for my Daughter-In-Law's upcoming birthday. In addition to the cards in the kit, I am adding some more. Birthday cards are always nice to have on hand – especially with 2 boys who seem to attend a lot of birthday parties! Stay tuned tomorrow for another kids birthday card.
Thanks for stopping by my blog today! If you need any of the supplies used on my card, just click the picture of the item below to be taken to my On Line Store.
Stampin' Up! Supplies Used:
You did a great job copying Bian King’ s card. It looks good enough to eat!
Love this card! Congrats! Barb is right in that it looks good enough to eat!
This card is just too much fun! Scanning down to the comment box and seeing the in colors – that made me think of mint macaron and mint chip ice cream with chocolate sprinkles. The cherry looks so real and good enough to eat (not that the ice cream and cone don’t!). That card would work for boys or girls or adults! I really like the tilt of the ice cream cone like the bear peaking out. I like the new meaning of CASE, well it is new to me anyway! Congrats on winning last week!
What an adorable card! This would work for kid or an adult. Love the color combo but especially love the layout! Another awesome card!!
This card is adorable! I don’t see this stamp set used very often: I think people might be intimidated by the oversized shapes or something. You use it so well, you are sure to inspire others to use this set, too! I love that the ice cream cone is peeking out from the corner and I love the fun colors you used. Thanks for the inspiration!
GINGER! I love this card – such a great way to showcase that fun, oversized ice cream cone. Love it! Thanks for playing along with my CASE the Designer Challenge at Global Design Project!