The Pals Paper Arts Sketch Challenge by the talented Margaret Moody has me playing today.
Looking out my window, I have been seeing quite a few birds lately and decided why not use them for my inspiration today. Luckily, the stamp set Beauty of the Season works..
- After stamping the image twice with Memento Black Ink, I used both the Cherry Cobbler & the Neutral Blendabilities to color the bird and the tree. A touch of the Daffaodil Delight Blendabilities was used for the beak.
- One image was cut out with the Circle Framelit, colored with the Blendabilities and popped up with a double layer of Stampin' Dimensionals. Notice how it lines up with the base image,
- Because this is a Christmas card, I matted the image on a thin layer of Gold Foil. It gives my card the richness that I had hoped it would. If you look closely, you cn see that I also used my Cherry Cobbler Marker to create some splatter.
- My sentiment – also from the Beauty of the Season, was stamped with Memento Black Ink and banner cut. A trio of Pearls provides an anchor for the banner.
- Of course, the banner is curled and edged with Cherry Cobbler Ink.
- Tying the inside to the outside of my card was accomplished by stamping a branch from the same stamp set in 2 corners, The branches were also colored with my Blendabilities.
- And, another sentiment was stamped on the inside of my card.
Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
STAMPIN' UP! SUPPLIES USED: