Oh my! I woke up this morning to another snow storm! I have just one queation. WHAT HAPPENED TO FALL? Seems like we went right from summer to winter with this being our second snowstorm in the space of a week or so.
On to happier thoughts. Let me show you my card for today.
Vintage is generally not my style but I have wanted to give it a try since Convention. That's because my friend, fellow Pal, and event roomamate Ann Schach gave a demostration on vintage cards to the Pals. So Ann, here's to you!
Some of the pointers that she gave us that I remember –
* Color pallette. Vintage looking colors – Wisteria Wonder, Soft Sky and Sahara Sand and I did use a layer of Brushed Gold
* Distress, distress, distress So, I distressed. Notice that the layers have all been "roughed" up. The upper left corner has been curled with the layers separated. A dab of color ages those corners.
* age it! I spritzed some splatter on the main layer with Soft Suede ink.
* And of course, every vintage card needs pearls!
* Curl that banner and distress it! I can almost hear Ann talking to me. Hi Ann!
* Crumple, crumple, crumple to age the layers.
* Dimension – yes I fussy cut the bird & popped him up with dimensionals. But the Elegant Butterfly Punch came to my resue for the butterfly.
Although I am generally not a vintage style girl, I will definitely give it a try from time to time.
Thanks for stopping by my blog today!